Annals ＞ Overview/Archives
Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science
History and Aim
Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science is primarily an English-language academic journal (papers written in French or German are also accepted for publication) edited and published by the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science. Founded in 1956, the journal is published annually. The aim of Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science is to publish academic papers on the philosophical and foundational problems of science in a broad range of fields, including the natural sciences, mathematics, logic, psychology, engineering, the social sciences, etc. Authors do not have to be a member of the Association to have a paper published in this journal.
The Editorial Board (term of office: April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2020)
Editor in Chief: Shunkichi Matsumoto
Editorial Board Members:
Tatsuya Kashiwabata Makoto Kikuchi（～2017.9.17）
Hidenori kurokawa（2017.9.17～） Takayuki Suzuki Senji Tanaka
Yasuo Nakayama Kunihisa Morita
Recently Published Papers
・Kunihisa MORITA, Presentism and the Multiverse Hypothesis
Special Section: Philosophy of Science in East Asia
・Tetsuji ISEDA, Preface to the Special Section: Philosophy of Science in East
・Szu-Ting CHEN, Human Reason in Context
・Young E. RHEE, Can Scientific Cognition Be Distributed ?
・Hsiao-Fan YEH and Ruey-Lin CHEN, An Experiment-based Methodology for
Classical Genetics and Molecular Biology
・Sébastien GANDON, Russell and the Neo-Logicists
Special Section: Computability Theory and the Foundation of Mathematics
・Chi Tat CHONG and Stephen G. SIMPSON, In Honor of the 60th Birthday of
Professor Kazuyuki Tanaka
・Tin Lok WONG, Models of the Weak König Lemma
・Keisuke YOSHII, A Survey of Determinacy of Infinite Games in Second
・Walter DEAN, Bernays and the Completeness Theorem
・Gaolin LI, Junren RU and Guohua WU, Rudin's Lemma and Reverse
・Sakaé FUCHINO, A Reflection Principle As a Reverse-mathematical Fixed
Point over the Base Theory ZFC
・Toshio SUZUKI, Kazuyuki Tanaka's Work on AND-OR Trees and Subsequent
・Nik WEAVER, The Liar Paradox is a Real Problem
・Naoaki KITAMURA, The Groundedness of Negative Truths
・Yuichi AMITANI, A Tale of Two Minds: Past, Present and Future
・Takuo AOYAMA, Shogo SHIMIZU and Yuki YAMADA, Free Will and the
Special Section: External Critiques of Experimental Philosophy
・Masaharu MIZUMOTO, Foreword
・Stephen STICH, What Is Experimental Philosophy?
・Eric McCREADY, Reference and Linguistic Intuitions
・Simine VAZIRE, Experimental Philosophy: The View from Social/Personality
・Kazuhisa TODAYAMA, What is Experimental Philosophy of Mathematics?
・Takashi YAGISAWA, “Deflationary Existence”
・Florian COVA and Yasuko KITANO, “Experimental Philosophy and the
Compatibility of Free Will and Determinism: A Survey”
・Yuichi Amitani, “The Communication Puzzle of the Species Problem”
・Akihiro Kanamori, “Mathematical Knowledge: Motley and Complexity of Proof”
・Takashi Iida, “On the Concept of a Token Generator”
The Journal's Archives
Open access to articles in Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science is available via the J-STAGE archives.
A New Service of Posting Errata for Journal Articles on J-STAGE
We have been posting the articles (papers, discussions, or book reviews) published in Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science, on J-STAGE, a government-based electronic journal publishing system. We are now initiating a new service to help you post errata for your article on J-STAGE upon your request. If you are interested, please read carefully the following instruction and submit the official form (errata sheet) available below.
- We will post your errata only twice a year at the same occasions as we post new issues of our domestic and international journals on J-STAGE (usually in March and September). Still, you can submit the form anytime.
- You can post the errata during the two years after the article is published in the journal. For instance, if you want to post an errata for your article published in the September 2018 issue, you can post it until we post the September 2020 issue on J-STAGE.
- The kinds of errors you can correct by this errata sheet include such simple ones as misspellings or omissions in words or phrases, mistakes in publication years or cited pages of the references, typographical errors of mathematical formulas or symbols, and so on. Note that we cannot meet the request for corrections pertaining to the content of an article.
- Errata will be posted only on J-STAGE electronically, not on the paper-based journals. A link to the errata will be added in the same page as your original article.
- You can post errata only once per article. The author should take all the responsibilities for the corrections. If there are multiple authors, the corresponding author should obtain the consensus among all the authors before submitting an errata sheet.
- The official form of the errata sheet (MS Word) can be downloaded from the link below. You may enlarge or add a table if necessary.
Errata Sheet Form DOWNLOAD
- A completed form should be submitted to the editorial committee:
editorial[at]phsc.jp (Please replace [at] with @)
After reviewing it, the editorial board will notify the corresponding author of whether or not the posting of it has been approved.
Editor in Chief