Annals ＞ Guide for Authors
Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science
Currently, no notice of a “call for papers” has been issued for a special volume of the journal.
- Manuscripts considered for publication in this journal should be original and related to the philosophy of science. Manuscripts may address topics in the philosophy of science or other areas related to the philosophy of science. However, manuscripts that deal with topics in other areas must be written in such a manner that readers outside the relevant field can understand their objective and purpose and be interested in the subject matter.
- The received manuscripts are classified into “papers” or “discussions.” Any articles discussing a paper, including a book review, published in this journal are categorized as “discussions.” Authors should specify which category their manuscript is intended to belong to. However, the editorial board and the editor in chief reserve the right to change the categorization of a manuscript for editorial reasons.
- Manuscripts should be written in English, German, or French and contain no more than 8,000 words.
- Since 2007, this journal has been typeset in TeX. The journal’s TeX style file, along with instructions for its use, is provided on our website (http://phsc.jp/). Insofar as possible, authors are requested to prepare their manuscript using this style file and to send the typeset manuscript in PDF format as an email attachment to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If a manuscript is prepared without using TeX, it should be sent as an email attachment to our office (email@example.com), and, at the same time, two hard copies of the manuscript should be mailed to us. Hard copies need not be mailed if a manuscript is prepared with TeX.
- Manuscripts should include an opening Abstract of approximately 100 words and end with the list of References.
- Authors are discouraged from submitting a manuscript with an extremely long title or multiple manuscripts bearing the same title differentiated only by numbers or any other symbols.
- Submitted manuscripts will go through a double-blind reviewing process. In order for this double-blind review to work properly, the submitted manuscript should not contain any information that would identify the author/authors, such as the name/s of the author/authors or acknowledgements. That information should be provided to the journal after the acceptance of the paper. The editorial board makes all final decisions on the acceptance or rejection of a manuscript after it has been reviewed.
- A PDF file of a published manuscript will be sent to the author/authors.
TeX Style files for the Annals of the Japan Association of Philosophy of Science
From the following files, please choose the one that is suitable for your electronic environment, then download and unzip it. After unzipping the file, a directory should be automatically created. It contains both the style file usable in the environment and a sample source file.